Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Divine Rights of Kings


"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."-Proverbs 29:18



Complacency has

no place here,

I will put blessings

in your heart lest no fear.



With him "fearful desolation"

abides in your presence,

walk with me, I'll show you

unconditional faithfulness.



You wanted a king

so far, so near,

but you'll come crawling

back just to hear



"I warned you of that man

so wicked and corrupt,"

as I'll turn my shoulder

with your face staring up.



You didn't believe he had

nothing to offer your people,

when all along eyes should've

been focused on the steeple.



But you still have a chance

to crown me as your king,

you'll learn that all I have

to offer is your everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment